Tuesday 3 January 2017

WHAT WORKS!

I have spent the last forty years in this crazy profession searching for the extraordinary; looking for what works and trying to understand why some things don't work!
I have spent a huge amount of time in schools working with talented colleagues, coaching and mentoring, observing lessons, listening to students, giving feedback, writing reports and reflecting on what I have seen. The craft of the classroom isn't a science, it's an art. The best headteachers I know are strategists who lead by example and who paint powerful and compelling pictures of what things could be like. The best teachers I know are great performers whose passion, enthusiasm, energy and drive bring content and subjects alive and sprinkle magic over their learners. None of this is rocket science and all we have to do is create the collaborative, co-operative learning landscape within which headteachers and teachers can take risks, explore ideas, try things out, learn, share and network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris