Saturday 27 September 2014

CONFIDENCE MATTERS... PASS IT ON!

I have been a learner all my life and the older I get the more I realise that while knowledge and facts are important, it's the skills and ability to use what you know that really matters.
The work I have been doing in Sheffield with the Cutlers' Made in Sheffield work has reinforced the importance of mindset, self-belief, and confidence on performance and whether you are going for an interview, meeting someone for the first time or sharing your interests with other people, confidence matters because without it you won't be successful and people won't listen! 

The most confident people I know: 
  • Are more secure in difficult and challenging circumstances. 
  • Use greater eye contact and stand up tall. 
  • Have respect for their own ideas 
  • Don’t need to always have an answer. 
  • Realise that they don’t need to be the smartest person in the room. 
I have found this hard all my life but you can gain more confidence by:
  • Practicing. 
  • Having a positive mind-set. 
  • Breaking tasks into small but meaningful goals. 
  • Saying thank you. 
So if you want to develop more confidence remember to
  • constantly learn. 
  • Seek advice from others. 
  • Practice thinking slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris