Saturday 16 March 2013

CANON LEE SCHOOL

I was at Canon Lee School in York again on Thursday evening. I had been asked to be a judge for their Arts Talent Show and I was really pleased that I agreed to do it! What the evening showed very clearly was the incredible talent and enormous potential our young people have. We had outstanding performances by some wonderful young people; musicians in Key Stage 3, musicians in Key Stage 4, actors, solo performers and dancers. No-one watching these young people perform could doubt the skills and abilities they were developing through the arts; communication, creativity, adaptability, resilience, concentration, responsibility, determination, teamwork, learning, speaking and listening, evaluating and learning! I am passionate about the arts and the powerful contribution they make to the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of young people. This evening showed that the arts, with PE and sport, belongs right at the heart of any curriculum. Fantastic!..

No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris