Monday 20 August 2012

SOME REMINDERS: "What have I learned in life?"

I re-read this and wanted to share it again with the people I care about. Read it carefully because it's powerful stuff.

"What have I learned in life? I've learned that...
  • you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them. 
  • no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back. 
  • it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it. 
  • it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts. 
  • you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you'd better know something. 
  • you shouldn't compare yourself to the best others can do. 
  • you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life. 
  • it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be. 
  • you can keep going long after you can't. 
  • we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel. 
  • either you control your attitude or it controls you. 
  • regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place. 
  • heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences. 
  • money is a lousy way of keeping score." 
Powerful stuff and worth remembering during this crazy and challenging period in this country and in a world where we get things wrong and screw up but hopefully continue to learn, to grow and develop and above all to try and make a real difference for those who need us most.
Keep the faith!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris