Wednesday 2 March 2011

We are what we eat!

The latest predictions are that 50 per cent of our children will be overweight or obese adults by 2030...

I was at the gym today and the fitness fanatics tell me that, other than stopping smoking, there is nothing you can do for yourself that is better than exercise! However the evidence I have read suggests
that exercise as a means of losing weight is ineffective and that putting the emphasis on exercise is unlikely to tackle the obesity epidemic we are facing. Of course, I know that exercise releases endorphins, reduces depression, and has a major impact on heart disease, some cancers, diabetes, and dementia and I am also reliably told that we live longer and we are healthier when we exercise. I find that my creativity and thinking is stimulated by exercising. I also solve problems and I always feel better from spending time at the gym.

However, I am not convinced that my exercise routine will make me lose weight. For one thing there are so many overweight and obese people at the gym struggling away to very little effect. The critical thing is to ensure that as we exercise we also change what we eat!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris