Sunday 27 March 2011

Impossible is Nothing!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

I don't know about you but throughout my life people have told me things are impossible and it's not worth even trying to succeed in so many areas.
If I had listened to the skeptics and the gloom merchants I would still be teaching physics in Leicestershire or worse claiming benefits in Newmarket in Suffolk where I was born! People told me Leeds was impossible but however you look at the Education Leeds story it has been ten great years with successes, surprises, brilliant stories, shared adventures, bizarre mistakes, enormous learning, extraordinary people and, like a Puccini opera, a really sad ending!


Together, we built something wonderful. The journey from cause for concern to cause for celebration was a long and at times difficult one but just look at what we’ve achieved together. A culture rooted in shared values, common behaviours and beliefs and a consistently positive and supportive language which has changed people and places forever.

I know that the journey has been really hard and I want to thank you for your passion, your persistence, your patience and your hard work, for forgiving the mistakes I have made, understanding the things I have overlooked and coping with the pressure and the problems I often passed your way. The story isn't finished because it isn't about Education Leeds; it's about you, your story and everyone of us will go on to have other adventures, other challenges, other surprises and things will always be different because of what we experienced together.
Keep the faith!
Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris